When you know Home is the future of Healthcare
Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA was founded on the principle that healthcare gets better when people get better care at home – the place where they feel best.
We are currently recruiting for a compassionate Full Time Home Health Occupational Therapist (OT) to reliably serve patients throughout Gloucester County. This is a full-time, pay per point position.
What you’ll do:
As a Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA Occupational Therapist, you’ll use your clinical skills and compassionate heart to treat patients where they want to be the most – in the comfort of their own home. As a Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA OT you will:
- See a client through their care needs – from hospital discharge to living a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity.
- Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Perform thorough evaluations of patients’ functional status, including muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, and ADL and IADL performance.
- Assess cognitive, psychological and motor aspects of performance and develop individualized intervention plans to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Evaluate home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living.
- Identify equipment needs and environmental adaptations resulting in enhanced outcomes for clients.
- Continually assess and revise the occupational therapy care plan, and participate with nursing in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety and independent living.
What you should have:
- Active and current license to practice as a professional Occupational Therapist (OT) in the state of New Jersey.
- A minimum of one year of recent work experience as an Occupational Therapist
- Previous home healthcare experience welcomed, but not required. We will train you.
- Ability to travel to cases as assigned
- A calm and reassuring presence, active listening skills, excellent assessment skills and strong written and verbal communication.
- The ability to deliver patient care as you would want those you love to be treated, with compassion, excellence, and reliability.
Why you’ll love what you do at Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA:
We are committed to providing patients the highest-quality care, enabling them to live at home with comfort, independence, and dignity. At Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA, we believe our employees are our greatest asset.
As a Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA Occupational Therapist, you’ll enjoy:
- Flexible schedules for work/life balance: full-time, part-time, and per-diem. Scheduling is primarily during the daytime hours.
- 1:1 hands on training supplemented with virtual learning.
- Ability to perform 1:1 direct client care and advocate for clients’ needs
- 24/7 clinical support as part of a larger care team with the highest safety standards.
- PTO and benefits offerings based on commitment level
- Continued education and training; tuition reimbursement
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to sex, race, color, age, disability, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, military status, or any other similarly protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.