love what you do
Per Diem Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) - Home HealthJob ID: 4590708002 Location: Allentown, PA Category: Speech Therapy Date Posted: Jan. 09, 2020
Are you our next HERO?!
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Speech Language Pathologist, SLP, for a Per Diem opportunity performing home health visits to Senior Living Communities throughout the Lehigh Valley area. Focus on the Allentwon/Bethlehem area.
One year of verifiable prior clinical experience as a licensed SLP required.
**Must be able to work day-time hours 8:30-5 M-F and okay with travel**
**For immediate consideration please contact Alyssa McCarthy, Recruiter, at email@example.com**
Speech Language Pathologist, SLP Responsibilities:
- Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Perform thorough evaluations to assess, diagnose, and provide therapeutic interventions for clients who are experiencing speech, language, communication, or swallowing difficulties.
- Develop a treatment plan based on the evaluation, physician’s orders, and recommended goals.
- Continually assess and revise the speech therapy care plan, and participate with BAYADA clinicians in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Speech Language Pathologist, SLP Qualifications:
- A current license as a Speech Language Pathologist in PA.
- Possess a certificate of clinical competence in speech from the American Speech and Hearing Association, or;
- Have the equivalent educational requirements, as indicated by school transcript or diploma, and work experience necessary for such a certificate, and be awaiting the opportunity to take the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association examination for certification, or;
- Have completed the necessary work and education requirements, as indicated by school transcript or diploma, and be in the process of accumulating the necessary supervised work experience required for certification.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
I love what I do because I love encouraging my clients to enjoy life's journey. Little things like making themselves a cup of coffee, or walking the boardwalk on family vacation, are big successes.Tara M., PT - Physical Therapist