love what you do
Internship, Home HealthcareJob ID: 5282055002 Location: Asheville, NC Category: Internships Date Posted: Jul. 06, 2021
Internship Opportunities with BAYADA Home Health Care
School credit required
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking a part time intern for our Asheville Skilled Nursing and Pediatrics office. As an Intern for BAYADA, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with our Client Service Managers, Clinical Managers, and Directors to gain valuable insight and experience in the home health care industry.
As one of the leading providers of nursing and personal care services in the country, BAYADA Home Health Care specializes in providing skilled, rehabilitative, therapeutic and personal-care home health services to people of all ages. With more than 300 locations nationwide, BAYADA has a special purpose - to help people of all ages to have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity. We believe our clients and their families deserve the highest quality of home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability, our core values.
Internship roles provide exposure to the following areas:
- Ensuring compliance with employee and client charts
- Interacting with physician offices and referral sources
- Participating in team meetings
- Performing general administrative duties including answering phones, filing, payroll processing and ordering office supplies
- Assisting with recruiting, employee on-boarding and scheduling
- Working on special projects as needed
- Gaining general knowledge of healthcare management
- Must receive school credit for internship.
- Ability to take ownership, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Creative and flexible with the ability to take initiative
- Willing to work in an “all hands on deck” environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with employees at all levels
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Interest in the healthcare industry
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- BAYADA offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the following: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, vision, dental and medical health plans, employer paid life insurance, 401k with company match, direct deposit and employee assistance program
- To learn more about BAYADA Benefits, click here
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.
I've worked for many other companies, but BAYADA stands out. You definitely won't find another place that appreciates their employees as BAYADA does. Their trainings are the best you'll find in the field, too.Juli K. - Client Services Associate