love what you do
Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) - Home Health - Per DiemJob ID: 4647132002 Location: Auburn, MA Category: Speech Therapy Date Posted: Feb. 11, 2020 Availability: Per diem
Speech Language Pathologist, SLP - Per Diem
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Speech Language Pathologist, SLP for a per diem opportunity performing home care visits in Worcester, Auburn, Shrewsbury and Surrounding Towns. Prior home care experience preferred, but not required. As a home health Speech Therapist, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides rehabilitative care and skilled nursing to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at home.
BAYADA has a special purpose: to help people of all ages have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity. We believe our clients and their families deserve the highest quality home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability - our core values. With more than 250 offices nationwide, founder Mark Baiada still maintains the same compassionate, human focus that made our first office unique in 1975.
- Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Perform thorough evaluations to assess, diagnose
and provide therapeutic interventions for clients who are experiencing, speech, language, communication or swallowing difficulties.
- Develop a treatment plan based on the evaluation, physician’s orders and recommended goals.
- Continually assess and revise the speech therapy care plan, and participate with BAYADA Clinicians in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
A current license as a Speech-Language Pathologist in Massachusetts
- Possess a certificate of clinical competence in speech from the American Speech and Hearing Association, or
- Have the equivalent educational requirements, as indicated by school transcript or diploma, and work experience necessary for such a certificate and be awaiting the opportunity to take the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association examination for certification, or
- Have completed the necessary work and education requirements, as indicated by school transcript or diploma, and be in the process of accumulating the necessary supervised work experience required for certification
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and problem solving skills
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability
- Benefits may include medical, dental, and life insurance; paid time off; weekly pay and direct deposit; scholarship opportunities; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 350 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I love what I do because I love encouraging my clients to enjoy life's journey. Little things like making themselves a cup of coffee, or walking the boardwalk on family vacation, are big successes.Tara M., PT - Physical Therapist