love what you do
Habilitation Direct Support ProfessionalJob ID: 6264665002 Location: Bethlehem, PA Category: Habilitation Technician Date Posted: Aug. 31, 2022
Habilitation technician/direct support professional/Mental Health Tech
Do you have a passion for helping those with special needs live safely and more independently at home and in their community?
BAYADA Habilitation Technicians (Hab Techs)/Direct Support Professionals (DSPs)/Mental Health Tech , work one-on-one in home and community settings as a companion and mentor for individuals who have an intellectual or developmental disability to help them reach their full potential
Hab Tech/DSP/Mental Health Tech job responsibilities
With a focus on ensuring safety and teaching clients to do things for themselves, BAYADA Hab Techs/DSPs/Mental Health Techs perform a variety of support services such as:
- Providing personal care assistance (dressing, grooming)
- Accompanying clients on errands and appointments
- Spending time on favorite hobbies and activities
- Assisting with everyday tasks such as meal preparation
- Participating in community integration activities
Benefits of being a BAYADA Hab Tech/DSP/Mental Health Tech
Developing close relationships with clients and families is just one of the many rewards of being a BAYADA Hab Tech/DSP. With BAYADA, you’ll also enjoy:
- Weekly pay
- Flexible scheduling to fit your lifestyle
- Short commute times—we try to match you to opportunities near your home
- Positive work environment and the tools you need to do your job
- Scholarship programs
- Reward and recognition programs
- A stable working environment—we invest in our care team
- Paid time off
- 24/7 on call clinical manager support
- Experience preferred; training may be available for those who have never worked as a hab tech/DSP/Mental Health Tech
- High school diploma or equivalent
If you’re the type of person who takes pride and finds joy in making a difference in the lives of others, join our trusted team of home health care professionals who love what they do!
We have immediate openings for hab techs/DSPs in the following areas:
- Allentown, Bethlehem, Whitehall, and surrounding areas
*BAYADA was Awarded Forbes Best Employer for Women 2020*
*BAYADA was Voted Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2018 & 2019*
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to sex, race, color, age, disability, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, military status, or any other similarly protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
My office is awesome; everyone's great; we work with each other to help each other out. My office has great communication, they're helpful, understanding, and they work around my school and summer schedule.Madison S., CNA - Home Health Aide