love what you do
Full Time Medical Social Worker, HospiceJob ID: 5157792002 Location: Brattleboro, VT Category: Medical Social Worker Date Posted: Mar. 24, 2021
Happy National Social Work Month! - At BAYADA we believe Social Workers are essential!!!
BAYADA Hospice is currently seeking an energetic and experienced Medical Social Worker for a full time opportunity in our Brattleboro, VT office. This office provides services to clients located throughout Windham County and surrounding areas.
Prior home care experience preferred, but not required. As a Medical Social Worker, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides skilled nursing and rehabilitative care to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at home.
- Making home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Assist our team in understanding the social and emotional factors related to our clients’ health problems.
- Provide clinical social evaluations and plan appropriate interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Identify appropriate community resource referrals to address the client’s and the family’s practical and environmental needs.
- Act as an advocate for both the client and the family to navigate the patient through the community system.
- Participate in the development of the total plan of care with the multidisciplinary team of BAYADA clinicians, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives in community resources to promote the patient's health, safety, well-being, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Qualifications for the ideal candidate:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Social Work or be a Licensed Social Worker in the state of Vermont.
- Accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education, as demonstrated by school transcript or degree.
- Home care and/or hospice experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases, as assigned.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares, and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Feel confident, safe, and supported with PPE supplies, comprehensive infection prevention protocol, daily pre-screens, and close monitoring of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
- Benefits may include mileage reimbursement; weekly pay and direct deposit; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
BAYADA believes that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Be part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care while developing your career with an industry leader. Apply now for immediate consideration.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.
Information is power. I empower people. Making someone feel empowered when they may be feeling vulnerable, scared, or overwhelmed by a new diagnosis is incredibly rewarding!Catherine B., MSW - Medical Social Worker