love what you do
Medical Social Worker, MSW, Home Health CareJob ID: 4735170002 Location: Brattleboro, VT Category: Medical Social Worker Date Posted: May. 13, 2020 Availability: Per diem
While the world is cautioned to stay home in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, BAYADA’s mission to safely keep people there has never been more important. Without home care, our clients risk infection and hospitalization, at hospitals with already-strained resources.
With the protection of our clients and caregivers as our highest priority, we have mobilized a swift, efficient, and comprehensive response so that we can stay on the front lines, giving care—safely. If you’re the type of person who rises to the occasion and wants to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to meet you (virtually, even)! We can work through this crisis—together.
Medical Social Worker - Per Diem
**Flexible Work Schedule
** Meaningful One-on-one care
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an energetic and experienced Medical Social Worker, MSW, for a per diem opportunity performing home health visits in Brattleboro and surrounding territories.
As a Medical Social Worker, you will be responsible for understanding the social and emotional factors related to the health problems of our clients, and develop meaningful relationships as you work with them one-on-one.
Responsibilities for a Medical Social Worker include:
- Making home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Assist our team in understanding the social and emotional factors related to the client's health problems.
- Provide clinical social evaluations and plan appropriate interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Identify appropriate community resource referrals to address the client’s and the family’s practical and environmental needs.
- Act as an advocate for both the client and the family to navigate the patient through the community system.
- Participate in the development of the total plan of care with the multi-disciplinary team of BAYADA clinicians, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain contracts with public and private agencies as resources for the patient.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives in community resources to promote the patient's health, safety, well-being, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Qualifications for a Medical Social Worker include:
- Graduated with a Master's Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, as indicated by school transcript or diploma
- One (1) year minimum previous experience in social work in a health care setting (preferred).
- Home health experience is preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases, as assigned.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares, and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
- Benefits may include mileage reimbursement; weekly pay and direct deposit; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Be part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care while developing your career with an industry leader. Apply now for immediate consideration.
Information is power. I empower people. Making someone feel empowered when they may be feeling vulnerable, scared, or overwhelmed by a new diagnosis is incredibly rewarding!Catherine B., MSW - Medical Social Worker