We employ nearly 23,000 full-time and part-time clinical and non-clinical professionals. Choosing a career path with BAYADA will allow you to develop and use your skills in any one of our specialty practices, including, adult nursing, assistive care, pediatrics, habilitation, home health, or hospice. If you share our commitment to delivering the highest quality care and keeping clients safe at home, then join our team of compassionate professionals.
- Job Type: Varies
- Level: Mid-Level
- Travel: Varies
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
why home care?
BAYADA offers a culture of reward and recognition for employees who demonstrate the highest standards of clinical excellence, and live out The BAYADA Way in their daily work. BAYADA is truly a team environment where we consider employees to be our greatest asset.
- BAYADA is unique in the value we place on patients and those who care for them
- BAYADA offers you 24/7 support, better education and training, more job security and advancement opportunities, better hours—and some fun along the way
- All team members are assigned by a client services manager and clinical manager to help support you and your patients
- Recognition and reward are huge at BAYADA—we’re obsessed with expressing authentic appreciation
- We are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, learn more here
Job DescriptionJob ID: 6111333002 Location: Clarksburg, MD Category: Physical Therapy Date Posted: 05/03/2022
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Physical Therapist, PT, for a PRN opportunity performing home health visits. This office services adult and geriatric clients on a per visit basis in Dickerson, Clarksburg, Poolesville, and Damascus. One year prior clinical experience as a licensed Physical Therapist is required. As a home care Physical Therapist, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides rehabilitative care and skilled nursing to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at home.
At BAYADA, we believe our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to investing in people and nurturing their desire to grow. Watch this video to learn more about field employee career pathing:
Responsibilities for a PT - Physical Therapist include:
Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Perform diagnostic tests and measurements, such as the mobility/range of joints, transfer status, stability, patterns and appearance of ambulation, strength and endurance of muscles, balance testing, and safety assessments.
- Develop and implement appropriate individualized care plans, including manual therapeutic exercises, gait training, balance, and other interventions.
- Continually assess and revise the Physical Therapy - PT care plan, and participate with nursing in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct clients, family members, or other client representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to client care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Qualifications for a PT - Physical Therapist include:
- A current Maryland Physical Therapist - PT license.
- A minimum of one year of recent work experience as a Physical Therapist - PT.
- Graduation from a program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association or the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association, as indicated by school transcript or diploma.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- BAYADA offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the following: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, vision, dental and medical health plans, employer paid life insurance, 401k with company match, direct deposit and employee assistance program
- To learn more about BAYADA Benefits, click here
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Feel confident, safe, and supported with PPE supplies, comprehensive infection prevention protocol, daily pre-screens, and close monitoring of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
- Benefits may include medical, dental, and life insurance; mileage reimbursement; paid time off; weekly pay and direct deposit; scholarship opportunities; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 350 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA is committed to creating a culture and environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) where all employees can thrive and all clients can receive high-quality, personalized care with a sense of well-being, dignity, and trust.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.
Be the leader in the home care nursing experience; enjoy high-tech and skilled nursing opportunities where clients thrive best...at home. Get back to the mission of caring, with 1-to-1 patient volumes that allow you to truly impact outcomes.
Awards & Recognition
What makes a successful nurse at BAYADA?
- Team Player
Nurses at BAYADA can serve roles as nurse leaders, whether it be leading a team of field nurses, serving as a clinical manager overseeing client care, or as transitional care managers helping to coordinate care across the healthcare ecosystem.
Registered Nurse branches to Clinical Manager or Manager of Clinical Operations or Transitional Care Manager
Clinical Managerleads to Director.Manager of Clinical Operationsleads to Director of Clinical Operations.Transitional Care Manager
Director leads to Area Director.Director of Clinical Operations
Holistic care drew me in. To be able to problem-solve, teach clients, and use all my skills and nursing interventions… I never thought I'd be happy and excited to go to work. I'm lucky to do what I do.— Mat G., RN - Pediatric Nurse