love what you do
Bereavement Program Coordinator - Hospice (MSW)Job ID: 5086306002 Location: Colchester, VT Category: Medical Social Worker Date Posted: Feb. 16, 2021
Hospice Bereavement Program Coordinator/Medical Social Worker
BAYADA Hospice has a special purpose—to provide the highest quality end-of-life care so our patients can remain at home with comfort, grace, and dignity. Hospice focuses on a holistic team approach to providing care to patients and their families at the end of life. In addition to expert medical care and symptom and pain management, hospice services include social, emotional, and spiritual support to patients, families, and others who need support through the end-of-life process.
BAYADA Hospice is currently seeking a Bereavement Coordinator for a Full Time position with our Colchester, VT office. The position includes coordinating our bereavement program and conducting social work visits in surrounding communities.
The Bereavement Coordinator will be responsible for managing the bereavement program and for leading office and field staff in providing quality bereavement services. This Bereavement Program Coordinator will be a member of an experienced hospice care team that provides assessments, education, and symptom management related to end of life care for patients. The ideal candidate will have prior experience as a Social Worker in hospice or palliative care. Strong organizational skills are required as part of your primary focus will be to coordinate the bereavement program. Coordination includes mailings, scheduling bereavement group, outreach, coordinate visits utilizing professional staff. As a Bereavement Coordinator you will also conduct social work visits.
Bereavement Coordinator/Medical Social Work responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate and communicate the core values of BAYADA Hospice and the BAYADA Way.
- Manage the bereavement services programs utilizing professional staff and volunteers as appropriate to the service or event.
- Oversee adequacy and appropriateness of bereavement programs for family members.
- Develop new bereavement programs and services as needed.
- Develop educational programs and materials for patients/families, staff and the community on loss, grief and coping with bereavement. Maintain the bereavement component of the staff library.
- Plan, implement and supervise bereavement group events and supervise support staff involved in the bereavement program.
- Partner with the Volunteer Coordinator to oversee the volunteer component of the bereavement service
- Conduct the bereavement section of the interdisciplinary team conference.
- Conduct Medical Social Work visits for hospice clients.
Qualifications for the Ideal candidate:
A MSW (Masters of Social Work) is required.
2 years of community-based experience.
- Licensed Social Worker preferred, but not mandatory.
- Home care / hospice experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel to cases, as assigned.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
- Benefits may include mileage reimbursement; weekly pay and direct deposit; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.
Information is power. I empower people. Making someone feel empowered when they may be feeling vulnerable, scared, or overwhelmed by a new diagnosis is incredibly rewarding!Catherine B., MSW - Medical Social Worker