love what you do
Physician, Associate Medical Director, Hospice, Per DiemJob ID: 4744353002 Location: East Stroudsburg, PA Category: Physician Date Posted: May. 22, 2020 Availability: Contract
Per Diem Associate Medical Director, Hospice
While the world is cautioned to stay home in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, BAYADA’s mission to safely keep people there has never been more important. Without home care, our clients risk infection and hospitalization, at hospitals with already-strained resources.
With the protection of our clients and caregivers as our highest priority, we have mobilized a swift, efficient, and comprehensive response so that we can stay on the front lines, giving care—safely. If you’re the type of person who rises to the occasion and wants to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to meet you (virtually, even)! We can work through this crisis—together.
BAYADA Hospice is currently seeking a Per Diem Associate Medical Director to manage hospice services for clients with our BAYADA Northeast PA office.
As Associate Medical Director, you will actively collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to ensure excellent client service and clinical care. This is an active and growing practice for energetic applicants who wish to increase their number of weekly hours over time.You will need to be available for calls and to participate in bi-weekly IDG meetings in the office to discuss patient care.
Hospice experience (as volunteer, trainee, or Medical Director) recommended. Hospice and Palliative Medicine certification through candidate’s primary board or Hospice Medical Director Certification Board preferred.
- Licensed to practice medicine or osteopathy (M.D. or D.O.) without restriction in PA; shall provide proof of current licensure.
- Graduate of accredited and approved medical program as indicated by school transcript or diploma, and as required by state regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of the ethical and professional standards of the medical profession; applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, including those related to the health and safety of clients; hospice policies and procedures; and accreditation and certification requirements.
- Must maintain a valid registration with the Drug Enforcement Administration ("DEA") and any applicable state agency without any limitations on the authority to prescribe drugs under such registration. Must provide current proof of registration upon request.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years recent, verifiable, related clinical experience, preferably at least one (1) year in hospice, palliative, or home care.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset! Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values.
BAYADA believes that our clients and their families deserve hospice care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Be part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care while developing your career with an industry leader. Apply now for immediate consideration.
I've worked for many other companies, but BAYADA stands out. You definitely won't find another place that appreciates their employees as BAYADA does. Their trainings are the best you'll find in the field, too.Juli K. - Client Services Associate