love what you do
Group Fitness InstructorJob ID: 6312414002 Location: Great Falls, VA Category: Other Date Posted: Aug. 05, 2022
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Per Diem Fitness Specialist/ Group Fitness Instructor to lead scheduled exercise classes designed to develop and maintain positive fitness levels for residents in a Senior Living Community (Assisted Living Facilities and Independent Living Facilities) in Great Falls, VA. As a member of our Senior Living Team, you will be an integral component of a continuum of care.
Fitness Certification is required.
At BAYADA, we believe our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to investing in people and nurturing their desire to grow.
Fitness Specialist Benefits:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Feel confident, safe, and supported with PPE supplies, comprehensive infection prevention protocol, daily pre-screens, and close monitoring of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
- Benefits may include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; mileage reimbursement; paid time off; weekly pay and direct deposit; scholarship opportunities; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
Fitness Specialist Benefits Responsibilities:
- Lead scheduled group exercise classes for the residents of Senior Living Communities, preferably one that can teach flexibility, cardio, strength/power, balancing and standing exercises.
- Develop fitness classes which are designed to develop and promote positive fitness levels for a senior population.
Qualifications for a Fitness Specialist:
- Certification as a Fitness Instructor, or equivalent, through an accredited national exercise/fitness organization such as ACSM, NSCA, ACE, IDEA or SFA.
- A minimum of one year of experience as a Fitness Specialist, preferably in a senior services setting.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to sex, race, color, age, disability, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, military status, or any other similarly protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
My BAYADA team is awesome; we're a very cohesive group. I get flexibility in scheduling, a vast library of clinical resources, and I can pursue my goals knowing I have their support. I can care for my clients knowing that my managers are keeping track of my need for in-services, updates and recertifications. And I can always get time off with my family.Ellen J., RN, BSN - Nurse