love what you do
Medical Social Worker-Home HealthJob ID: 5073320002 Location: Hagerstown, MD Category: Medical Social Worker Date Posted: Feb. 08, 2021
“While the world is cautioned to stay home in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, BAYADA’s mission to safely keep people there has never been more important. Without home care, our clients risk infection and hospitalization—at hospitals with already-strained resources.
With the protection of our clients and caregivers as our highest priority, we have mobilized a swift, efficient, and comprehensive response so that we can stay on the front lines, giving care—safely. If you’re the type of person who rises to the occasion and wants to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to meet you (virtually, even)! We can work through this crisis—together.”
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an energetic and experienced Licensed Medical Social Worker, MSW, for a per diem opportunity performing home health visits office. This position will cover Washington county.
Prior home care experience preferred, but not required. As a Medical Social Worker, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides skilled nursing and rehabilitative care to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at home. BAYADA has a special purpose: to help people of all ages have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity. We believe our clients and their families deserve the highest quality home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability - our core values. With more than 300 offices nationwide, founder Mark Baiada still maintains the same compassionate, human focus that made our first office unique in 1975.
- Making home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Assist our team in understanding the social and emotional factors related to our clients’ health problems.
- Provide clinical social evaluations and plan appropriate interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Identify appropriate community resource referrals to address the client’s and the family’s practical and environmental needs.
- Act as an advocate for both the client and the family to navigate the patient through the community system.
- Participate in the development of the total plan of care with the multidisciplinary team of BAYADA clinicians, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain contracts with public and private agencies as resources for the patient.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives in community resources to promote the patient's health, safety, well-being, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Qualifications for the ideal candidate:
- A minimum of a Masters in Social Work, with at least 2 years of community-based experience.
- Accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education, as demonstrated by school transcript or degree.
- Must be a Licensed Social Worker.
- Home care experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases, as assigned.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares, and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
- Benefits may include mileage reimbursement; weekly pay and direct deposit; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
Be part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care while developing your career with an industry leader. Apply now for immediate consideration.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.
Information is power. I empower people. Making someone feel empowered when they may be feeling vulnerable, scared, or overwhelmed by a new diagnosis is incredibly rewarding!Catherine B., MSW - Medical Social Worker