love what you do
Occupational Therapist (OT) - Senior Living VisitsJob ID: 6294755002 Location: Hagerstown, MD Category: Occupational Therapy Date Posted: Jul. 27, 2022
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist (OT) for a part time opportunity performing home health visits for our Senior Living office. This office services adult and geriatric clients on a per visit basis in Senior Living Facilities (Independent / Assisted Living Communities) within Washington County, MD
Apply now for more information!
One year prior clinical experience as a licensed Occupational Therapist is required. As a home care Occupational Therapist, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides rehabilitative care and skilled nursing to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at home.
At BAYADA, we believe our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to investing in people and nurturing their desire to grow. Watch this video to learn more about field employee career pathing:
Occupational Therapist, OT Responsibilities:
Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Perform thorough evaluations of patients’ functional status, including muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, and ADL and IADL performance.
- Assess cognitive, psychological and motor aspects of performance and develop individualized intervention plans to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Evaluate home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living.
- Identify equipment needs and environmental adaptations resulting in enhanced outcomes for clients.
- Continually assess and revise the occupational therapy care plan, and participate with nursing in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Occupational Therapist, OT Qualifications:
A current Maryland Occupational Therapist license.
- Prior home care experience preferred, but not required
- A minimum of one year of recent work experience as an Occupational Therapist.
- Graduation from an occupational therapy program accredited jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the AMA and the AOTA, as indicated by school transcript or diploma.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and problem solving skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Feel confident, safe, and supported with PPE supplies, comprehensive infection prevention protocol, daily pre-screens, and close monitoring of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
- Benefits may include mileage reimbursement; weekly pay and direct deposit; scholarship opportunities; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
BAYADA believes that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Be part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care while developing your career with an industry leader. Apply now for immediate consideration.
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to sex, race, color, age, disability, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, military status, or any other similarly protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
I love what I do because I love encouraging my clients to enjoy life's journey. Little things like making themselves a cup of coffee, or walking the boardwalk on family vacation, are big successes.Tara M., PT - Physical Therapist