love what you do
Habilitation Technician / Direct Support ProfessionalJob ID: 4778845002 Location: Hilo, HI Category: Habilitation Technician Date Posted: Jun. 30, 2020
While the world is cautioned to stay home in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, BAYADA’s mission to safely keep people there has never been more important. Without home care, our clients risk infection and hospitalization—at hospitals with already-strained resources.
With the protection of our clients and caregivers as our highest priority, we have mobilized a swift, efficient, and comprehensive response so that we can stay on the front lines, giving care—safely. If you’re the type of person who rises to the occasion and wants to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to meet you (virtually, even)! We can work through this crisis—together.
Would you like to give compassionate care to clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities by teaching independent living skills in the home, and out in their community? To qualify for this position, you must have at least one year of verifiable work experience with individuals who have intellectual/developmental disabilities.
We have current Habilitation Technician / Direct Support Worker / Personal Assistant openings in the following locations:
BAYADA offers Habilitation Technicians:
- Weekly pay
- Flexible scheduling to fit your lifestyle
- Short commute times – we try to match you to opportunities near your home
- Positive and stable work environment and the tools you need to do your job – we invest in our care team
- Scholarship programs
- Paid time off
- 24 / 7 on call clinical manager support
- Talent scout bonuses
Qualifications for Habilitation Technicians:
- Minimum one year work/personal experience
- Current 2 step TB clearance
- CPR/First Aid certificate
- Ability to pass criminal background check
Job Responsibilities of a Habilitation Technicians:
- Passion for providing mental/behavioral health care to individuals with ID/DD
- Ability to work independently in a client’s home and community
- Proficient and comfortable using mobile device to collect data
- Competent and knowledgeable in teaching life skills
- Provide reliable and consistent care
BAYADA recognizes and rewards our Habilitation Technicians who set and maintain the highest standards of excellence. Join our caring team today by calling us at (808) 969-9622 and emailing your resume to Moleary1@bayada.com!
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
My office is awesome; everyone's great; we work with each other to help each other out. My office has great communication, they're helpful, understanding, and they work around my school and summer schedule.Madison S., CNA - Home Health Aide