Occupational Therapist (OT)
Job ID: 4352448002 Location: Hilo, HI Category: Occupational Therapy Date Posted: Jul. 10, 2019 Availability: Per diem
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist, OT, for a per diem opportunity performing home health visits for our Hilo Visits office, located in Hilo, HI. This office services clients on a per visit basis in territories throughout Hilo, HI to Puna, HI.
Prior home Health experience preferred, but not required.
As a home care Occupational Therapist, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides rehabilitative care and skilled nursing to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at home.
Occupational Therapist, OT Responsibilities:
Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Perform thorough evaluations of patients’ functional status, including muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, and ADL and IADL performance.
- Assess cognitive, psychological and motor aspects of performance and develop individualized intervention plans to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Evaluate home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living.
- Identify equipment needs and environmental adaptations resulting in enhanced outcomes for clients.
- Continually assess and revise the occupational therapy care plan, and participate with nursing in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Occupational Therapist, OT Qualifications:
A current Hawaii Occupational Therapist license.
- A minimum of one year of recent work experience as an Occupational Therapist.
- Graduation from an occupational therapy program accredited jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and problem solving skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
- Benefits may include mileage reimbursement; weekly pay and direct deposit; scholarship opportunities; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
BAYADA believes that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Be part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care while developing your career with an industry leader. Apply now for immediate consideration.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What's it like to work in Hilo, Hawaii
See what’s nearby and get directions.View Map