Occupational Therapist (OT) Home Health
Job ID: 4352498002 Location: Honolulu, HI Category: Occupational Therapy Date Posted: Jul. 10, 2019 Availability: Per diem
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Certified Occupational Therapy, OTR, for a Per Diem opportunity performing home health visits in the Honolulu, HI area.
One year prior clinical experience as a licensed Occupational Therapist is required.
Responsibilities for a Occupational Therapist include:
Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Perform thorough evaluations of patients’ functional status, including muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, and ADL and IADL performance.
- Assess cognitive, psychological and motor aspects of performance and develop individualized intervention plans to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Evaluate home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living.
- Identify equipment needs and environmental adaptations resulting in enhanced outcomes for clients.
- Continually assess and revise the occupational therapy care plan, and participate with nursing in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Occupational Therapist, OT Qualifications:
A current HI Occupational Therapist license.
- A minimum of one year of recent work experience as an Occupational Therapist.
- Graduation from an occupational therapy program accredited jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the AMA and the AOTA, as indicated by school transcript or diploma.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and problem solving skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred
What's it like to work in Honolulu, Hawaii
See what’s nearby and get directions.View Map