Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Full- Time
Job ID: 4352539002 Location: Honolulu, HI Category: Speech Therapy Date Posted: Jul. 10, 2019 Availability: Full-time
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Speech Language Pathologist, SLP for a part time opportunity doing home health visits for our Oahu Visits office which services clients throughout the island of Oahu.
One year prior home health experience as a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate.
Speech Language Pathologist, SLP Responsibilities:
- Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories
- Perform thorough evaluations to assess, diagnose, and provide therapeutic interventions for clients who are experiencing speech, language, communication, or swallowing difficulties.
- Develop a treatment plan based on the evaluation, physician’s orders, and recommended goals.
- Continually assess and revise the speech therapy care plan, and participate with BAYADA clinicians in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet
- A current license as a Speech Language Pathologist in Hawaii.
- Possess a certificate of clinical competence in speech from the American Speech and Hearing Association, or;
- Have the equivalent educational requirements, as indicated by school transcript or diploma, and work experience necessary for such a certificate, and be awaiting the opportunity to take the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association examination for certification, or;
- Have completed the necessary work and education requirements, as indicated by school transcript or diploma, and be in the process of accumulating the necessary supervised work experience required for certification.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
Our employees are our greatest asset
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values
- Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, health, dental, vision
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
What's it like to work in Honolulu, Hawaii
See what’s nearby and get directions.View Map