love what you do
Medical Social Worker, MSW, Home Health- Per DiemJob ID: 5303426002 Location: Marlborough, MA Category: Medical Social Worker Date Posted: Jun. 02, 2021
Per Diem Medical Social Worker- Home Health
$500.00 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Medical Social Worker, MSW for per diem home care visits, in person and virtual, for our office in Marlborough, Massachusetts, servicing patients in Marlborough, Shrewsbury, Worcester and surrounding towns. Prior home care experience is preferred, but not required. As a Medical Social Worker, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides skilled nursing and rehabilitative care to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at home.
Call or Text Susan at 339-235-4363 for Immediate Consideration!!
BAYADA believes that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Be part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care while developing your career with an industry leader. Apply now for immediate consideration.
Responsibilities for this Medical Social Worker:
- Make home visits and virtual visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Provide clinical social evaluations and plan appropriate interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Identify appropriate community resource referrals to address the client’s and the family’s practical and environmental needs.
- Act as an advocate for both the client and the family, to navigate the patient through the community system.
- Participate in the development of the total plan of care with the multidisciplinary team of BAYADA clinicians, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain contracts with public and private agencies as resources for the patient.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in community resources to promote the patient's health, safety, well-being and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Qualifications for this Medical Social Worker include:
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work and a Licensed Social Worker in the State of Massachusetts
- Accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education, as demonstrated by school transcript or degree
- A minimum of one year experience in social work in a health care setting
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred
- Ability to travel to cases, as assigned.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.
Information is power. I empower people. Making someone feel empowered when they may be feeling vulnerable, scared, or overwhelmed by a new diagnosis is incredibly rewarding!Catherine B., MSW - Medical Social Worker