love what you do
Hospice Medical Director, Contracted PositionJob ID: 5029320002 Location: Mount Laurel, NJ Category: Physician Date Posted: Jan. 12, 2021
Hospice Medical Director Opportunity-Contracted
BAYADA Hospice provides the highest quality end-of-life care so our patients can remain at home with comfort, grace, and dignity. With a variety of care and comfort services delivered through an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals and volunteers, the goal of hospice is to support a patient’s quality of life.
We are currently hiring a Medical Director to join our team of dedicated, compassionate caregivers to collaborate with office and field staff to ensure excellent client service, clinical care, quality and adherence to policies, procedures, hospice eligibility documentation, and Medicare Conditions of Participation. In this integral leadership role, you will manage hospice Associate Medical Directors, consulting physicians and collaborating mid-level providers. You will have the opportunity to improve access to hospice services through business development, networking, and educational outreach to physicians, hospitals, facilities and community groups.
We want you to leverage your compassion for patients and families, collaborative nature, and strong sense of integrity as a key member of the BAYADA team! You will have ample support, while doing rewarding work and continuing to be challenged.
- Oversee, coordinate, review and evaluate the medical care provided to Hospice patients.
- Manage terminal illness and conditions related to the terminal illness of Hospice patients.
- Assist with admissions and discharges.
- Document patient care services and all other treatment services rendered in accordance with policies and procedures and Medicare rules.
- Serve as a key medical resource to hospice staff, patients, families, and attending physicians regarding pain and symptom control management.
- Function as the attending physician as needed.
- Provide hospice and/or palliative care consultations pursuant to the attending physician’s orders, or as requested; provide visits to Hospice patients.
- Participate as a member of an Interdisciplinary Team.
- Facilitate family meetings.
- Oversee other Hospice physicians; assist in physician recruiting, training, supervision and evaluation.
- Actively participate in Hospice's senior leadership meetings and strategic planning.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationship with Joint Venture partner.
- Licensed to practice medicine or osteopathy without restriction in the state of New Jersey. Proof of current licensure will be required.
- Graduate of an accredited and approved medical program as required, based on New Jersey state regulations.
- Board certification in internal medicine, family medicine, emergency medicine preferred.
- Specialty board certification in hospice and palliative care preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent, verifiable, related clinical experience, preferably at least one (1) year in hospice, palliative and/or home care.
- Prior experience as a Hospice Medical Director strongly preferred.
- Must maintain a valid registration with the DEA and any applicable state agency without limitation to prescribe drugs under such registration. Will provide proof of such registration upon request.
- Must remain a qualified Medicare and Medicaid provider.
- Will maintain unrestricted medical staff membership and clinical admitting privileges at any of Hospice’s inpatient contracts.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.
I've worked for many other companies, but BAYADA stands out. You definitely won't find another place that appreciates their employees as BAYADA does. Their trainings are the best you'll find in the field, too.Juli K. - Client Services Associate