love what you do
Occupational Therapist, Home HealthJob ID: 6910650002 Location: Mount Laurel, NJ Category: Occupational Therapy Date Posted: Aug. 29, 2023
When you know Home is the future of Healthcare
Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA was founded on the principle that healthcare gets better when people get better care at home – the place where they feel best.
We are currently recruiting for a compassionate Home Health Occupational Therapist (OT) to reliably serve patients throughout Burlington and Camden counties. This is a part-time, pay per point position.
What you’ll do:
As a Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA Occupational Therapist, you’ll use your clinical skills and compassionate heart to treat patients where they want to be the most – in the comfort of their own home. As a Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA OT you will:
- See a client through their care needs – from hospital discharge to living a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity.
- Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Perform thorough evaluations of patients’ functional status, including muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, and ADL and IADL performance.
- Assess cognitive, psychological and motor aspects of performance and develop individualized intervention plans to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Evaluate home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living.
- Identify equipment needs and environmental adaptations resulting in enhanced outcomes for clients.
- Continually assess and revise the occupational therapy care plan, and participate with nursing in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety and independent living.
What you should have:
- Active and current license to practice as a professional Occupational Therapist (OT) in the state of New Jersey.
- A minimum of one year of recent work experience as an Occupational Therapist
- Previous home healthcare experience welcomed, but not required. We will train you.
- Ability to travel to cases as assigned
- A calm and reassuring presence, active listening skills, excellent assessment skills and strong written and verbal communication.
- The ability to deliver patient care as you would want those you love to be treated, with compassion, excellence, and reliability.
Why you’ll love what you do at Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA:
We are committed to providing patients the highest-quality care, enabling them to live at home with comfort, independence, and dignity. At Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA, we believe our employees are our greatest asset.
As a Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA Occupational Therapist, you’ll enjoy:
- Flexible schedules for work/life balance: full-time, part-time, and per-diem. Scheduling is primarily during the daytime hours.
- 1:1 hands on training supplemented with virtual learning.
- Ability to perform 1:1 direct client care and advocate for clients’ needs
- 24/7 clinical support as part of a larger care team with the highest safety standards.
- PTO and benefits offerings based on commitment level
- Continued education and training; tuition reimbursement
Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA, a joint venture managed and run by BAYADA, is a partnership between Jefferson Health and BAYADA Home Health Care, with the mission to improve patient outcomes and expand the delivery of high-quality health at home to meet the increasing demand for in-home services in Greater Philadelphia and South Jersey. By bringing together the scope and reach of Jefferson Health – a top integrated health care system with a vast array of home health and hospice caregivers and volunteers– and the extensive management capabilities, operating platform, and clinical experience of BAYADA – a leading not-for-profit home health care provider, Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA will strengthen and extend the continuum of care in the region. Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Watching my client make progress and enjoy himself, and having the opportunity to make a positive difference in his life… it's so gratifying, it doesn't even feel like a job to me.Terry S., LPN - Nurse