love what you do
Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA), Home HealthJob ID: 6986319002 Location: Nevada, MO Category: Physical Therapy Assistant Date Posted: Oct. 24, 2023
Home Health Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Reduce stress and burnout! Provide clinical care where patients want to be – in the comfort of their own home.
Why you’ll love what you do at Integrity Home Care + Hospice:
- Experience true work/life balance with flexible full-time, part-time, and per diem schedules
- Perform 1:1 direct care in client homes
- Hands-on training supplemented with virtual learning
- 24/7 clinical support as part of a larger interdisciplinary care team
- Advance your career with clinical and business leadership tracks
We are recruiting for a compassionate Home Health Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) to reliably serve patients in the following counties: Barton, Cedar, and Vernon.
What you’ll do:
Visit a variety of clients in their own home, helping them recover from an injury, illness, surgery, or hospitalization.
- Develop and implement appropriate individualized care plans, including manual therapeutic exercises, gait training, balance, and other interventions.
- Continually assess and revise the Physical Therapy - PT care plan, and participate with nursing in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Progress your clients from discharge to meeting their goals at home
- Provide education to the patient and/or their family
What you should have:
- Active and current PTA license
- Have graduated from a two-year college level program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association, as indicated by school transcript or diploma, or
- Have two years of appropriate experience as a Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) and a satisfactory grade on a proficiency exam conducted, approved or sponsored by the U.S. Public Health Service when initial qualification occurred before December 31, 1977
- Have at least one year’s work experience under the supervision of a qualified Physical Therapist.
- Previous home healthcare experience welcomed, but not required. We will train you.
- A calm and reassuring presence, active listening skills, excellent assessment skills and strong written and verbal communication.
- The ability to deliver patient care as you would want those you love to be treated, with compassion, excellence, and reliability.
Benefits may include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Weekly pay and direct deposit
- 401(k) with company match
- Continued education, training, and tuition reimbursement
Integrity Home Care & Hospice is passionately dedicated to improving the healthcare system because everyone has had a personal experience with the struggle that comes with a change in health. We are here to help and support you and your family as you seek to improve or simply maintain your health and independence at home. Our mission is to identify and meet your home care needs and the needs of its employees with unmatched skill, compassion, and integrity. Integrity Home Care & Hospice is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Watching my client make progress and enjoy himself, and having the opportunity to make a positive difference in his life… it's so gratifying, it doesn't even feel like a job to me.Terry S., LPN - Nurse