Job DescriptionJob ID: 6523138002 Location: New York, NY Category: Registered Nurse Date Posted: 12/06/2022
The BAYADA Nurse Residency Program is a transition to practice program for new graduate nurses who would like a meaningful and exciting career in home care. The program focuses on creating a collaborative professional development environment where new graduate nurses can safely develop their critical thinking and nursing skills while working with children and adults in the home. A clinical coach mentor, dedicated seasoned clinicians, and highly trained preceptors will support your growth as you transition into your career in home care nursing.
Our Nurse Residency program helps prepare recent RN graduates for a career in home health care nursing. This paid, full-time, intensive 6-week training program-followed by a nine month residency period-helps bridge the gap between the classroom and the real world, providing you a smoother transition into a professional nursing role.
You will develop confidence in your clinical skills and judgment, enhance your critical thinking, refine your time management skills, and so much more—all in a safe, nurturing environment. You will be prepared to provide meaningful, one-on-one care for adults in their homes.
You can expect:
- Ongoing, one-on-one support from an RN clinical manager, coach, instructor, and preceptor
- The opportunity to learn and practice complex skills
- On-the-job training, in-classroom learning, and simulation lab training using state-of-the-art manikins to mimic real-life medical situations
Registered Nurses (RNs) at BAYADA enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Weekly pay
- Flexible scheduling to fit your lifestyle
- Short commute times – we match you to cases near your home
- A positive and stable work environment and the tools you need to do your job. We invest in our nursing team!
- Paid training opportunities and scholarship programs
- Paid time off
- 24 / 7 on call clinical manager support
- Health benefits (full-time and part-time)
- Full-time and part-time positions available
- Rate $32- $36 / PH
Responsibilities for Registered Nurses (RNs):
- Training and education of family members
- Medication administration of prescribed treatments and therapies
- Communication with other members of the patients' multidisciplinary team
- Supply management
- Emergency management
Qualifications for Registered Nurses (RNs):
- Current RN license in good standing (in applicable state)
- Current CPR certification
- Strong organizational and communication skills
BAYADA recognizes and rewards our RNs who set and maintain the highest standards of excellence. Join our caring team today!
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to sex, race, color, age, disability, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, military status, or any other similarly protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
We employ nearly 23,000 full-time and part-time clinical and non-clinical professionals. Choosing a career path with BAYADA will allow you to develop and use your skills in any one of our specialty practices, including, adult nursing, assistive care, pediatrics, habilitation, home health, or hospice. If you share our commitment to delivering the highest quality care and keeping clients safe at home, then join our team of compassionate professionals.
What makes a successful nurse at BAYADA?
- Team Player
Nurses at BAYADA can serve roles as nurse leaders, whether it be leading a team of field nurses, serving as a clinical manager overseeing client care, or as transitional care managers helping to coordinate care across the healthcare ecosystem.
Registered Nurse branches to Clinical Manager or Manager of Clinical Operations or Transitional Care Manager
Director leads to Area Director.Director of Clinical Operations