love what you do
Medical Social Worker, MSW, Home Health VisitsJob ID: 6634897002 Location: Norristown, PA Category: Medical Social Worker Date Posted: Feb. 24, 2023
When you know Home is the future of Healthcare
Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA was founded on the principle that healthcare gets better when people get better care at home – the place where they feel best.
We are currently recruiting for a compassionate Home Health Medical Social Worker (MSW) to reliably serve patients in the King of Prussia/Norristown/Conshohocken area. This is a full-time, pay per point position.
What you’ll do:
As a Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA Social Worker, you’ll use your clinical skills and compassionate heart to treat patients where they want to be the most – in the comfort of their own home. As a Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA MSW you will:
- See a client through their care needs – from hospital discharge to living a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity.
- Assist our team in understanding the social and emotional factors related to our clients’ health problems.
- Provide clinical social evaluations and plan appropriate interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Identify appropriate community resource referrals to address the client’s and the family’s practical and environmental needs.
- Act as an advocate for both the client and the family to navigate the patient through the community system.
- Participate in the development of the total plan of care with the multidisciplinary team of BAYADA clinicians, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain contracts with public and private agencies as resources for the patient.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives in community resources to promote the patient's health, safety, well-being, and independent living.
What you should have:
- A minimum of a Masters in Social Work, with at least 2 years of community-based experience.
- Accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education, as demonstrated by school transcript or degree.
- Must be a Licensed Social Worker.
- Previous home healthcare experience welcomed, but not required. We will train you.
- Ability to travel to cases as assigned
- A calm and reassuring presence, active listening skills, excellent assessment skills and strong written and verbal communication.
- The ability to deliver patient care as you would want those you love to be treated, with compassion, excellence, and reliability.
Why you’ll love what you do at Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA:
We are committed to providing patients the highest-quality care, enabling them to live at home with comfort, independence, and dignity. At Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA, we believe our employees are our greatest asset.
As a Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA Social Worker, you’ll enjoy:
- Flexible schedules for work/life balance: full-time, part-time, and per-diem. Scheduling is primarily during the daytime hours.
- 1:1 hands on training supplemented with virtual learning.
- Ability to perform 1:1 direct client care and advocate for clients’ needs
- 24/7 clinical support as part of a larger care team with the highest safety standards.
- PTO and benefits offerings based on commitment level
- Continued education and training; tuition reimbursement
Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA, a joint venture managed and run by BAYADA, is a partnership between Jefferson Health and BAYADA Home Health Care, with the mission to improve patient outcomes and expand the delivery of high-quality health at home to meet the increasing demand for in-home services in Greater Philadelphia and South Jersey. By bringing together the scope and reach of Jefferson Health – a top integrated health care system with a vast array of home health and hospice caregivers and volunteers– and the extensive management capabilities, operating platform, and clinical experience of BAYADA – a leading not-for-profit home health care provider, Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA will strengthen and extend the continuum of care in the region. Jefferson Health at Home by BAYADA is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Watching my client make progress and enjoy himself, and having the opportunity to make a positive difference in his life… it's so gratifying, it doesn't even feel like a job to me.Terry S., LPN - Nurse