love what you do
Hospice Volunteer (Unpaid)Job ID: 6646895002 Location: North Bergen, NJ Category: Hospice Volunteer Date Posted: Mar. 02, 2023
This is an unpaid position.
BAYADA Hospice is looking for Volunteers in Hudson, Bergen, Union, Passaic and Essex counties!
BAYADA Hospice is currently seeking candidates for our Volunteer position to be a part of our team in Hudson, Bergen, Union, Passaic and Essex counties.
Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives? Do you have a compassionate heart and a drive to help people? At BAYADA Hospice, we believe that our clients and their families deserve care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Your important work will help ensure that our clients come first and that our BAYADA caregivers have the support they need to be successful. The Volunteer, Hospice Services is a member of the Hospice Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) who provides assistance to clients, families, and caregivers with home management, emotional support, and other supportive tasks related to terminal illness and end of life.
Volunteers Needed For:
- Assistance with home management tasks.
- Providing companionship and friendship to clients.
- Providing caregiver relief.
- Specialty areas: Music Therapy, Reiki, Massage, Pet Therapy, Craft Volunteer, End of Life Doula
- Sharing special talents, such as music or art.
- Providing assistance as a transport escort, as needed.
- Assisting with clerical work and other office tasks.
- Memorial Service Planning.
- Bereavement support to loved ones.
- Ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Have a criminal background check completed, as per state requirements.
- Meet all state requirements for volunteers, where applicable.
- Meet the BAYADA requirements and state regulations for the discipline, if providing professional services.
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to sex, race, color, age, disability, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, military status, or any other similarly protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
I've worked for many other companies, but BAYADA stands out. You definitely won't find another place that appreciates their employees as BAYADA does. Their trainings are the best you'll find in the field, too.Juli K. - Client Services Associate