love what you do
Collections Associate, Home Health CareJob ID: 4595388002 Location: Pennsauken, NJ Category: Administrative/Clerical Date Posted: Jan. 14, 2020 Availability: Full-time
Our Adult Reimbursement Services group located in Pennsauken, NJ is looking for an Associate to join the team. Benefits include growth potential with a values-based organization, competitive salary and insurances, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) with a company match.
As a Collections Associate at BAYADA, you will be responsible for learning how to manage and create policies and procedures, prepare reports, analysis and presentations, and provide administrative and project support.
- Create and manage policies, practices and procedures related to BAYADA support offices.
- Initiate and independently research complex information through compilation of statistics, analyzing data and summarizing for review.
- Provide backup support for routine support questions.
- Support annual audits and compliance reviews, as needed.
- Maintain office(s) organization charts and associated email and call lists.
- Opens new accounts and follows-up within Collection Office policy and procedure guidelines.
- Reviews EOB’s for appropriate payments within 30 days of receipt. Reviews denials and underpayments, and compares to the referral file for proper authorization and payment rates.
- Contacts bill to party to resolve underpayments and denials.
- Coordinates with service offices and promptly advises of significant payment issues and insurance benefit changes, especially policy terminations. Informs service office of rate and discount discrepancies.
- Informs supervisor of difficult collection issues and patterns of non-payment. Advises of required billing changes.
- Advises supervisor of computer generated inaccuracies or required program changes.
- Reviews accounts on a monthly basis with emphasis on potential quarterly bad debt reserve amounts and large accounts.
- Reviews Billing and Payment Histories for accurate payment and discount posting. Perform transfers as necessary.
- Updates client file with new and corrected information. Documents all collection activity in the client file clearly and concisely.
- Organizes work according to highest priority.
- Prepares refunds as necessary.
- Participate in special projects: prepare reports and presentations using Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint etc.).
- Four (4) year College degree required.
- Demonstrated record of strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated record of goal achievement.
- Prior health care and home care experience is a plus.
- Competence in basic PC skills required to perform job functions.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Ability to work well with numbers.
I've worked for many other companies, but BAYADA stands out. You definitely won't find another place that appreciates their employees as BAYADA does. Their trainings are the best you'll find in the field, too.Juli K. - Client Services Associate