love what you do
Executive Director, Financial Planning & AnalysisJob ID: 6167141002 Location: Pennsauken, NJ Category: Accounting/Finance Date Posted: May. 24, 2022
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking a Senior Executive Financial leader to fill the position of Division Director, Finance Strategy and Operations. This role is akin to a Vice President level, and requires prior experience as VP of Finance, CFO of a business unit, or comparable executive level experience. In this role, you will be responsible for financial planning and analysis, and function as the financial leader and strategic business partner for four home care business lines: Adult and Pediatric Skilled Nursing, Habilitation and Behavioral Health Autism services. This role reports to the Family Care Group President with a dotted line to the Chief Financial Officer.
The Division Director, Finance Strategy and Operations is responsible for preparing annual budgets, ongoing financial analysis, capital expenditure justifications, and short and long-term planning and pricing strategies. Additionally, the incumbent analyzes operational performance, including revenue generation, profitability, and cost center efficiency. As financial liaison between enterprise finance functions and the Family Care Group, the Division Director, Finance Strategy and Operations has direct responsibility over group performance metrics, practice support spends and overall financial stability. This role provides technical and management support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Family Care Group Executive Team, and Management Committee in the financial and strategic management of the group.
This role can be based remotely, with travel required for meetings and to spend time in the field as necessary. It is strongly preferred that the candidate be based on the East Coast.
- Demonstrate and communicate the core values of BAYADA and The BAYADA Way.
- Develop working knowledge of BAYADA’s mission, services, people, organization, policies, and procedures.
- Develop, evaluate, monitor, and communicate long and short-term financial objectives and metrics ensuring consistency and alignment with overall strategic goals and objectives.
- Serve as financial liaison (finance partner) between enterprise finance functions and Family Care Group/group practices.
- Serve as a key member of the Family Care Group leadership team.
- Coordination and preparation of the annual plan, which includes setting office specific targets by meeting with regional leaders, Chief Operating Officer and Group President and Practice Presidents.
- Presents financial information to the CFO and leadership team.
- Work on special projects and ad hoc reporting as assigned by Group President, CFO, and Chief Executive Officer.
- Develop financial monitoring tools and oversee the collection of data and automation of financial reports.
- Review and analyze, from a financial perspective, the sales and marketing and other internal practice initiatives (Clinical, sales and practice management overhead).
- Analyze and compare periodic financial results, metrics and key performance indicators against plan and other internal benchmarks including: Gross Margin management, overhead spend at the local and practice level and key driver based operational metrics impacting financial performance, etc.
- Seek opportunities for organizational improvement, consistently applies lean thinking to unit operations to enhance or improve services.
- Indirectly responsible for the training and development to enhance financial acumen of business leaders, inclusive of on-boarding activities.
- Identify and share best practices across regions.
- Coordination with both Group and enterprise IT functions on new financial system development activities (Performance Management Dashboards, Executive Scorecards, practice specific source system data and integration).
- Lead and develop a team of finance support professionals. Nurture and develop the team in alignment with BAYADA’s core values and leadership expectations. Effectively motivate and coach staff.
- Demonstrate solid performance or exceed performance standards in key job dimensions/attributes as defined on the Performance Appraisal for Office Staff.
- Perform related duties, or as required or requested by supervisor.
- Exemplifies characteristics of The BAYADA Way: compassion, excellence, and reliability.
- Four (4) year college degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or closely related field; MBA, CPA or CFA preferred.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible finance/accounting experience required.
- Six (6) + years management experience leading and developing staff.
- Must have demonstrated experience at the Senior Director level in a finance or accounting capacity.
- Strong financial analysis and strategic planning experience.
- Agile, high energy, high responsiveness, ability to flex and rapidly adapt.
- Ability to work both independently and with cross-functional teams.
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to effectively use deliberate influence strategies to impact, shape, or re-direct the behaviors of others, without formal authority.
- Acceptable Pre-Employment Assessment Results.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
BAYADA offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the following: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, vision, dental and medical health plans, employer paid life insurance, 401k with company match, direct deposit and employee assistance program
To learn more about BAYADA Benefits, click here
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 350 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA is committed to creating a culture and environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) where all employees can thrive and all clients can receive high-quality, personalized care with a sense of well-being, dignity, and trust.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.
I've worked for many other companies, but BAYADA stands out. You definitely won't find another place that appreciates their employees as BAYADA does. Their trainings are the best you'll find in the field, too.Juli K. - Client Services Associate