love what you do
Intern, ReimbursementJob ID: 5401736002 Location: Pennsauken, NJ Category: Internships Date Posted: Jul. 16, 2021
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking a part time intern for our Skilled Nursing Reimbursement Services office, located in Pennsauken, NJ. As an Intern for BAYADA, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable insight and experience in the home health care industry.
As one of the leading providers of nursing and personal care services in the country, BAYADA Home Health Care specializes in providing skilled, rehabilitative, therapeutic and personal-care home health services to people of all ages. With more than 300 locations nationwide, BAYADA has a special purpose - to help people of all ages to have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity. We believe our clients and their families deserve the highest quality of home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability, our core values.
Though this is a REMOTE opportunity, candidates should live within a commutable distance to BAYADA headquarters in Pennsauken, NJ. as candidate may need to report to the office on occasion. Candidate will need to commit to a minimum of 30 hours per week, full time preferred. This is a paid opportunity.
Internship roles provide exposure to the following areas:
- Demonstrate and communicate the core values of BAYADA and The BAYADA Way.
- Enter and process new and existing payments that are received from the service offices and clients via mail.
- Investigating and resolving billing variations.
- Calling upon payor sources to locate and verify missing information.
- Work with Director and staff to provide support for the office’s overall goals and functions.
- Perform related duties, or as required or requested by Supervisor, Manager, or Director
- Provide telephone support and assist callers by placing them into voicemail and processing telephone messages.
- Greet visitors to the office, and exemplifies strong customer service skills.
- Working on special projects as needed
- Gaining general knowledge of healthcare management
- Ability to take ownership, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Creative and flexible with the ability to take initiative
- Willing to work in an “all hands on deck” environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with employees at all levels
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Interest in the healthcare industry
- Knowledge of Excel strongly preferred
- Ability to successfully work in a fast pace environment
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.
I've worked for many other companies, but BAYADA stands out. You definitely won't find another place that appreciates their employees as BAYADA does. Their trainings are the best you'll find in the field, too.Juli K. - Client Services Associate