love what you do
Reimbursement Associate, CollectionsJob ID: 4879784002 Location: Pennsauken, NJ Category: Administrative/Clerical Date Posted: Sep. 16, 2020 Availability: Full-time
BAYADA Home Health Care is hiring an Associate, Reimbursement Services – Collections. This role will be temporarily remote, with the expectation of transitioning back to the Pennsauken Global Support Center in 2021.
The Associate is an entry level role, designed to teach the incumbent various aspects of working in a BAYADA support office. This includes:
- Create and manage policies, practices and procedures related to BAYADA support offices.
- Coordinate logistics of events.
- Initiate and independently research complex information through compilation of statistics, analyzing data and summarizing for review.
- Draft and distribute professional correspondence and announcements.
- Support annual audits and compliance reviews, as needed.
- Learn various aspects of organization through technology training, hands-on learning, cross-training and site visits.
- Maintain office(s) organization charts and associated email and call lists.
- Opens new accounts and follows-up within Collection Office policy and procedure guidelines.
- Reviews EOB’s for appropriate payments within 30 days of receipt. Reviews denials and underpayments, and compares to the referral file for proper authorization and payment rates.
- Contacts bill to party to resolve underpayments and denials.
- Coordinates with service offices and promptly advises of significant payment issues and insurance benefit changes, especially policy terminations. Informs service office of rate and discount discrepancies.
- Informs supervisor of difficult collection issues and patterns of non-payment. Advises of required billing changes.
- Advises supervisor of computer generated inaccuracies or required program changes.
- Reviews accounts on a monthly basis with emphasis on potential quarterly bad debt reserve amounts and large accounts.
- Reviews Billing and Payment Histories for accurate payment and discount posting. Perform transfers as necessary.
- Updates client file with new and corrected information. Documents all collection activity in the Bears client file clearly and concisely.
- Organizes work according to highest priority.
- Prepares refunds as necessary.
- Exemplifies characteristics of The BAYADA Way: compassion, excellence and reliability.
- Four (4) year College degree.
- Demonstrated record of strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated record of goal achievement.
- Prior health care and home care experience is a plus.
- Competence in basic PC skills required to perform job functions.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I've worked for many other companies, but BAYADA stands out. You definitely won't find another place that appreciates their employees as BAYADA does. Their trainings are the best you'll find in the field, too.Juli K. - Client Services Associate