love what you do
Senior Manager ComplianceJob ID: 6125247002 Location: Pennsauken, NJ Category: Administrative/Clerical Date Posted: May. 10, 2022
Responsible for day-to-day management of compliance matters including educating and supporting BAYADA Home Health Care services offices in best practices and expertise on issue resolution and corrective action plans. Support the Chief Compliance Officer and Compliance Counsel in the development/revision, execution, and reporting of all internal compliance communication, education, and training. Will also accept responsibility for various work assignments within the Compliance office.
- Exemplifies characteristics of The BAYADA Way: compassion, excellence and reliability.
- Four (4) year college degree, or related industry experience.
- Certification in compliance or healthcare compliance (CHC) a plus.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years related experience within home health care; three (3) to five (5) years management.
- Experienced employee with solid compliance background.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated record of goal achievement.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully taking on more responsibility with positive results and ambition to grow past current position.
- Demonstrated expertise in all areas of responsibility.
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple state laws and regulations.
- Flexible, with an “all hands on deck” attitude.
- Understands and connects with BAYADA culture.
- Effective presentation skills and ability to influence audience.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Uses judgment and makes independent decisions based on work or educational experience for customer/support office business needs in relation to job duties.
- Competence in basic PC skills required to perform job functions.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
- Demonstrate and communicate the core values of BAYADA and The BAYADA Way.
- Mentor and guide team members.
- Continually improve knowledge about the home care industry, regulatory and legal issues that impact our work.
- Work closely with the Chief Compliance Officer and Compliance Counsel to identify key compliance and audit risk areas.
- Manage an internal calendar of all compliance communications, education, and training provided internally.
- Manage the Compliance Toolbox site on BAYADA’s portal to ensure it is up to date, refreshed often, and is a helpful resource for our employees.
- Provide guidance and judgment to office colleagues to promote understanding of and response to compliance and ethical matters.
- Prepare written documents such as policies, procedures, reports, and other written communication to support and document the ongoing activities of the compliance program.
- Assist in developing education for new and existing employees on compliance issues, the organization’s compliance program and develop training materials to address recognized compliance risks.
- Coordinate and monitor compliance education program and provide back up support for related routine questions.
- Research industry trends/reports (OIG, CMS etc.), stay current regarding compliance and ethical risk issues in the industry, understand their potential impact on BAYADA, and recommend program enhancements as appropriate.
- Under the direction of the Chief Compliance Officer and Compliance Counsel, investigate claims of non-compliance with law and regulation and/or BAYADA Policy, and manage or conduct compliance audits and reviews, including training and recommendations for remediation. Work closely with the Program Integrity office as necessary.
- Prepare project plans, update status reports and metrics, and coordinate task assignments for projects assigned by Chief Compliance Officer and Compliance Counsel.
- Complete projects within expected timelines. Keep key players informed of project updates.
- Manage a heavy workload and adhere to strict deadlines while providing exceptional customer service to service/support office personnel.
- Draft, coordinate and distribute professional correspondence and announcements internally. Use good judgment and decision making on distribution and audiences.
- Identify and develop improvements to better serve the client and those working in the service office.
- Maintain current knowledge of, and follow standards of practice, BAYADA policies and procedures, and regulations (government, contract, accrediting body).
- Demonstrate solid performance or exceed performance standards in key job dimensions/attributes as defined on the Performance Appraisal for Office Staff.
- Perform related duties, or as required or requested by supervisor.
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 350 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA is committed to creating a culture and environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) where all employees can thrive and all clients can receive high-quality, personalized care with a sense of well-being, dignity, and trust.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.
I've worked for many other companies, but BAYADA stands out. You definitely won't find another place that appreciates their employees as BAYADA does. Their trainings are the best you'll find in the field, too.Juli K. - Client Services Associate