love what you do
Physician Medical Director, HospiceJob ID: 4928447002 Location: Philadelphia, PA Category: Management Date Posted: Oct. 21, 2020
Full Time Hospice Medical Director Opportunity PA/DE
BAYADA Hospice provides the highest quality end-of-life care so our patients can remain at home with comfort, grace, and dignity. With a variety of care and comfort services delivered through an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals and volunteers, the goal of hospice is to support a patient’s quality of life.
We are currently hiring a Medical Director to join our team of dedicated, compassionate caregivers to collaborate with office and field staff to ensure excellent client service, clinical care, quality and adherence to policies, procedures, hospice eligibility documentation, and Medicare Conditions of Participation. In this integral leadership role, you will manage hospice Associate Medical Directors, consulting physicians and collaborating mid-level providers. You will have the opportunity to improve access to hospice services through business development, networking, and educational outreach to physicians, hospitals, facilities and community groups.
We want you to leverage your compassion for patients and families, collaborative nature, and strong sense of integrity as a key member of the BAYADA team! You will have ample support, while doing rewarding work and continuing to be challenged.
- Oversee, coordinate, review and evaluate the medical care provided to Hospice patients.
- Manage terminal illness and conditions related to the terminal illness of Hospice patients.
- Assist with admissions and discharges.
- Document patient care services and all other treatment services rendered in accordance with policies and procedures and Medicare rules.
- Serve as a key medical resource to hospice staff, patients, families, and attending physicians regarding pain and symptom control management.
- Function as the attending physician as needed.
- Provide hospice and/or palliative care consultations pursuant to the attending physician’s orders, or as requested; provide visits to Hospice patients.
- Participate as a member of an Interdisciplinary Team.
- Facilitate family meetings.
- Oversee other Hospice physicians; assist in physician recruiting, training, supervision and evaluation.
- Actively participate in Hospice's senior leadership meetings and strategic planning.
- Licensed to practice medicine or osteopathy without restriction in the state of Pennsylvania and Delaware. Proof of current licensure will be required.
- Graduate of an accredited and approved medical program as required, based on PA and DE state regulations.
- Board certification in internal medicine, family medicine, emergency medicine preferred.
- Specialty board certification in hospice and palliative care preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent, verifiable, related clinical experience, preferably at least one (1) year in hospice, palliative and/or home care.
- Prior experience as a Hospice Medical Director strongly preferred.
- Must maintain a valid registration with the DEA and any applicable state agency without limitation to prescribe drugs under such registration. Will provide proof of such registration upon request.
- Must remain a qualified Medicare and Medicaid provider.
- Will maintain unrestricted medical staff membership and clinical admitting privileges at any of Hospice’s inpatient contracts.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I've worked for many other companies, but BAYADA stands out. You definitely won't find another place that appreciates their employees as BAYADA does. Their trainings are the best you'll find in the field, too.Juli K. - Client Services Associate