love what you do
Hospice Volunteer (Unpaid)Job ID: 4683991002 Location: Saint Albans, VT Category: Hospice Volunteer Date Posted: Aug. 07, 2020
While the world is cautioned to stay home in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, BAYADA’s mission to safely keep people there has never been more important. Without home care, our clients risk infection and hospitalization, at hospitals with already-strained resources.
With the protection of our clients and caregivers as our highest priority, we have mobilized a swift, efficient, and comprehensive response so that we can stay on the front lines, giving care—safely. If you’re the type of person who rises to the occasion and wants to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to meet you (virtually, even)! We can work through this crisis—together.
This is an unpaid position.
BAYADA Hospice is looking for Volunteers in St. Albans, Vermont!
BAYADA Hospice is looking for compassionate, caring individuals to provide companionship and support for our patients and their families. Our Colchester, VT office serves patients in Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle, Lamoille, and Washington counties in Vermont.
At BAYADA Hospice, we believe that our clients and their families deserve care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Your important work will help ensure that our clients come first and that our BAYADA caregivers have the support they need to be successful.
Volunteers Opportunities may include:
- Providing companionship and friendship to clients.
- Providing caregiver relief.
- Providing a hand to hold and a warm heart.
- Giving emotional support.
- Playing games.
- Reading to a patient.
- Sharing special talents, such as music or art.
- Assisting with clerical work and other office tasks.
- Preparing light meals.
- Doing light housekeeping.
Why volunteer with BAYADA Hospice?
- Become involved in your community.
- Make a difference in the lives of others.
- Be part of a caring and compassionate team of hospice professionals.
- Participate in free training and support.
- Add to your professional development.
- Ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Have a criminal background check completed, as per state requirements.
- Meet all state requirements for volunteers, where applicable.
BAYADA believes that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability or veteran status.
I've worked for many other companies, but BAYADA stands out. You definitely won't find another place that appreciates their employees as BAYADA does. Their trainings are the best you'll find in the field, too.Juli K. - Client Services Associate