love what you do
Medical Social Worker (MSW) Full TimeJob ID: 4639059002 Location: Walpole, NH Category: Medical Social Worker Date Posted: Feb. 04, 2020 Availability: Full-time
BAYADA Hospice Home Health Care is actively needing an experienced and dedicated Medical Social Worker, MSW, for a great Full Time opportunity supporting the service territory of our Brattleboro VT office.
BAYADA Hospice provides the highest quality end-of-life care so our patients can remain at home with comfort, grace, & dignity. With a variety of care and comfort services delivered through an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals and volunteers, the goal of hospice is to support a patient’s quality of life.
Some great benefits to being a BAYADA employee is:
- Competitive Pay & Benefits
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Meaningful 1:1 care
- Supportive Team
- Recognition Programs
- Paid Time Off - Acquire up to 4 weeks a year!
As a Medical Social Worker, you will be an essential member of a dedicated, multi-disciplinary health care team that provides nursing and palliative care to patients to allow them to remain in the comfort of their own home and help them through their end-of-life.
Responsibilities of Medical Social Worker include:
Making home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Assist our team in understanding the social and emotional factors related to our clients’ health problems.
- Provide clinical social evaluations and plan appropriate interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Identify appropriate community resource referrals to address the client’s and the family’s practical and environmental needs.
- Act as an advocate for both the client and the family to navigate the patient through the community system.
- Participate in the development of the total plan of care with the multidisciplinary team of BAYADA clinicians, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain contracts with public and private agencies as resources for the patient.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives in community resources to promote the patient's health, safety, well-being, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Qualifications for the ideal candidate:
A minimum of a Bachelors or a Masters in Social Work, with at least 1 years of community-based experience.
- Accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education, as demonstrated by school transcript or degree.
- Be a Licensed Social Worker, but not required.
- Home care/ Hospice experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases, as assigned.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares, and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
- Benefits may include mileage reimbursement; weekly pay and direct deposit; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
BAYADA believes that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Be part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care while developing your career with an industry leader. Apply now for immediate consideration.
Apply for a Position with BAYADA Today!
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in over 20 states from more than 300 offices. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Information is power. I empower people. Making someone feel empowered when they may be feeling vulnerable, scared, or overwhelmed by a new diagnosis is incredibly rewarding!Catherine B., MSW - Medical Social Worker