love what you do
Speech Therapist (SLP) - Home HealthJob ID: 5031243002 Location: Westminster, MD Category: Speech Therapy Date Posted: Jan. 13, 2021
“While the world is cautioned to stay home in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, BAYADA’s mission to safely keep people there has never been more important. Without home care, our clients risk infection and hospitalization—at hospitals with already-strained resources.
With the protection of our clients and caregivers as our highest priority, we have mobilized a swift, efficient, and comprehensive response so that we can stay on the front lines, giving care—safely. If you’re the type of person who rises to the occasion and wants to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to meet you (virtually, even)! We can work through this crisis—together.”
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Speech Language Pathologist, SLP, for an opportunity performing home health visits for our office. This position will cover Carroll County, MD.
Prior home care experience as a Speech Language Pathologist, SLP is a plus, but not required. As a home care Speech Language Pathologist, SLP, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides rehabilitative care and skilled nursing to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at home.
Speech Language Pathologist, SLP Responsibilities:
- Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Perform thorough evaluations to assess, diagnose, and provide therapeutic interventions for clients who are experiencing speech, language, communication, or swallowing difficulties.
- Develop a treatment plan based on the evaluation, physician’s orders, and recommended goals.
- Continually assess and revise the speech therapy care plan, and participate with BAYADA clinicians in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Speech Language Pathologist, SLP Qualifications:
- A current license as a Speech Language Pathologist in Maryland.
- Possess a certificate of clinical competence in speech from the American Speech and Hearing Association, or;
- Have the equivalent educational requirements, as indicated by school transcript or diploma, and work experience necessary for such a certificate, and be awaiting the opportunity to take the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association examination for certification, or;
- Have completed the necessary work and education requirements, as indicated by school transcript or diploma, and be in the process of accumulating the necessary supervised work experience required for certification.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
Our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, health, dental, and vision.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.
I love what I do because I love encouraging my clients to enjoy life's journey. Little things like making themselves a cup of coffee, or walking the boardwalk on family vacation, are big successes.Tara M., PT - Physical Therapist