love what you do
Medical Social Worker, MSW, Per DiemJob ID: 4563538002 Location: White River Junction, VT Category: Medical Social Worker Date Posted: Dec. 11, 2019 Availability: Per diem
Medical Social Worker - Per Diem
**Flexible Work Schedule
** Competitive Pay
** Meaningful One-on-one care
BAYADA Upper Valley Home Health Care is currently seeking an energetic and experienced Medical Social Worker, MSW, for a per diem opportunity supporting our office in White River Junction and Upper Valley territories.
As a Medical Social Worker, you will be responsible for understanding the social and emotional factors related to the health problems of our clients, and develop meaningful relationships as you work with them one-on-one.
Responsibilities for a Medical Social Worker include:
- Making home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Assist our team in understanding the social and emotional factors related to the client's health problems.
- Provide clinical social evaluations and plan appropriate interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Identify appropriate community resource referrals to address the client’s and the family’s practical and environmental needs.
- Act as an advocate for both the client and the family to navigate the patient through the community system.
- Participate in the development of the total plan of care with the multi-disciplinary team of BAYADA clinicians, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain contracts with public and private agencies as resources for the patient.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives in community resources to promote the patient's health, safety, well-being, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Qualifications for a Medical Social Worker include:
- Graduated with a Master's Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, as indicated by school transcript or diploma
- One (1) year minimum previous experience in social work in a health care setting (preferred).
- Home health experience is preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases, as assigned.
Information is power. I empower people. Making someone feel empowered when they may be feeling vulnerable, scared, or overwhelmed by a new diagnosis is incredibly rewarding!Catherine B., MSW - Medical Social Worker