love what you do
ST, Speech Therapist, Senior LivingJob ID: 4589705002 Location: Winston Salem, NC Category: Speech Therapy Date Posted: Jan. 08, 2020 Availability: Per diem
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Speech Therapist, ST, for a per-diem opportunity performing home health visits for our Triad Senior Living office, located in Winston-Salem, NC. We are looking for an ST to service clients in the Winston-Salem / Greensboro area. Prior home care experience a plus, but not required.
As a home care Speech Therapist, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides rehabilitative care and skilled nursing to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at home.
BAYADA has a special purpose: to help people of all ages have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity. We believe our clients and their families deserve the highest quality home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability - our core values. With more than 200 offices nationwide, founder Mark Baiada still maintains the same compassionate, human focus that made our first office unique in 1975.
Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Perform thorough evaluations to assess, diagnose, and provide therapeutic interventions for clients who are experiencing speech, language, communication, or swallowing difficulties.
- Develop a treatment plan based on the evaluation, physician’s orders, and recommended goals.
- Continually assess and revise the speech therapy care plan, and participate with BAYADA Clinicians in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
A current license as a Speech Therapist in North Carolina.
- Possess a certificate of clinical competence in speech from the American Speech and Hearing Association, or;
- Have the equivalent educational requirements, as indicated by school transcript or diploma, and work experience necessary for such a certificate, and be awaiting the opportunity to take the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association examination for certification, or;
- Have completed the necessary work and education requirements, as indicated by school transcript or diploma, and be in the process of accumulating the necessary supervised work experience required for certification.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and problem solving skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
- Benefits may include mileage reimbursement; weekly pay and direct deposit; scholarship opportunities; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
BAYADA believes that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Be part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care while developing your career with an industry leader. Apply now for immediate consideration, or contact Doug Lanier, Recruiter: 813-539-3837, firstname.lastname@example.org.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability or veteran status.
I love what I do because I love encouraging my clients to enjoy life's journey. Little things like making themselves a cup of coffee, or walking the boardwalk on family vacation, are big successes.Tara M., PT - Physical Therapist